Viborg Region Hospital is among the first of the five emergency hospitals in Central Denmark Region which has a full range of services in order to receive trauma patients
- in the Emergency Department.
Round the clock, medical specialists will receive emergency patients from the Viborg, Skive and Silkeborg municipalities.
The Danish Government has granted $ 261 million for the following building projects to take place at Viborg Region Hospital in the period 2011-2018:
- 313,000 sq ft expansion (Emergency Centre, Car Park)
- 300,000 sq ft rebuilding and renovation of the hospital's main building, and "Spinal Cord Injury Centre of Western Denmark" (VCR).
The Danish Government’s Quality Fund (under the Ministry of Health) is co-financing the Viborg hospital building project (60 pct.) along with the Central Denmark Region (40 pct.). The owner of the building projects is Viborg Region Hospital.
The building projects consists of
- New multi story car park
- New fully fledged emergency center
- Renewed center for spinal cord injury (“Spinal Cord Injury Centre of Western Denmark” - VCR). The city is designated as the West-Danish hospital for this type of patients
- Thorough renovation of the hospital’s main building and treatment building